It always seems impossible until it is done.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Second Place is First Loser!

The other night, I was running my normal route and thought: 'I know how competitive everyone is...if I am going to have a chance of winning this challenge, I need to do things that I haven't done before.' So I did it! 

It was something that I have wanted to do since I moved to this house.  I ran to the 215 and back! (about 6 miles round trip).  I am not telling you to brag, but rather to motivate you to push yourself harder than you think you can.  I have sore legs, and blisters to show for it, but I am grateful that I finally did it.  It's been over a year since I have ran that far and now I want to do more!

I found a fantastic website with a ton of low-calorie recipes on it.  It includes, breakfast, appetizers, salads, main dishes and even dessert (check out the Diet Coke Brownies..only 115 calories!)  These will help make sure our accomplishments won't go unnoticed.  (I am using these to plan my meals for next week..I will let you know what our families' favorites are.)

Website:
 http://www.eat-yourself-skinny.com/p/recipe-box_20.html
(I also pinned it for those on Pintrest)

3 comments:

  1. YYYYAAAAAAAYYYYYYY ALISON! I am so proud of you. That is a goal I have as well...to run, and do a marathon. I am excited about this Sundays weigh in. I'm going to send out a text to everyone. It will be at mom's. Alison, bring your scale! ALso everyone needs to pay their money this week. Good Luck errrrrrrbody!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.hungry-girl.com/.... This has the BEST receipes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for sharing...I have used a couple of her recipes as well and didn't even realize how healthy they are for you. They are really good! Check them out! ~Alison

      Delete